The sun is out today and getting me all excited of the summer to come and i am craving cheesecake. I am reminiscing about the last picnic in the park which was about 3 years ago. It was in Battersea park. Went for a walk in their lovely botanical garden, fed the ducks. Esme lot her bangles in the pond throwing bread at the ducks and wanted me to go for a swim to rescue it. Lol!!! There will be a picnic organised this summer and i know for sure i will be making a dessert in a jar . My collection is going to come in handy. But I am not waiting for summer to satisfy my craving for
strawberry cheesecake. No time like now!!!
This cheesecake in a jar starts off with a crushed digestive base and pressed down in base of jar
Then went in the mixture of cream cheese, eggs, sour cream and vanilla essence which was baked in water bath for 30 minutes.
Topped with yummy strawberry fillings
My craving has now been satisfied. Hope you enjoy baking this strawberry chessecake just as much as I did.
Yields 5 jars
Prep & Cook time: 1hr 30mins
150g crushed digestive biscuits
105g butter melted
450g full fat cheese
135grams white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
110g sour cream at room temp
225g strawberries chopped into medium chunks
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoons water
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch/cornflour
In a bowl mix digestive crumbs and melted butter together. Press enough crust into the bottom of each jar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C .
- In bowl of mixer (or using hand mixer) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, slowly beat in sugar. Add salt. Scrape the sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in eggs , one at a time until incorporated . Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour the filling into each jar. Tap the base of jars on worktop to get the air bubbles out of filling.
- Place jars in a roasting tin and carefully pour boiling water into the pan , avoiding getting water into cheesecake jars
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until firm yet centre of cheesecake is still a little wet.
- Remove from oven, from water and place on a wire rack to cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and stir to coat all berries with sugar.
- Cook strawberries over high heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest
- Mix water and cornstarch in bowl until combined. Add mixture a little at a time whisking frequently until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let sauce coll to room temperature. Chill in fridge
Top each cheesecake with strawberry filling
I used 0.25l jam jars